Monday, January 19, 2009

Taking it Easy





Today has been a very quiet day. Everybody gone most of the day, and the house very quiet. Finished all the aprons, started on two more and would have finished them, but I need some ric rac. Finished one scarf last night--just made a small one to wear around my neck with a broach--and almost finished the other. Should finish tonight. My house did not get any cleaning, but made some room in my craft room by finishing the overdue projects. All are wrapped and ready to be delivered tomorrow. While gathering supplies for sewing, found a baby gift I had not given and it is also wrapped and ready to go tomorrow. I am going to look like Santa carrying all those packages.
Davids Dinosaurs is the name of this smocking plate. I believe this will be one I will repeat for my friend's twin grandbabies. It was really easy to do and worked up rather quick. I am working on two dresses, one cream colored and one pink micro checked. I hope to finish this week. One has rabbits on the bishop and the other has flowers. I also am just about through with a Humpty Dumpty insert. I just cannot have one or two things going at the same time, I average about 6!!!
I received some sad news yesterday. My mom's baby brother died from cancer. He had been sick for a very long time and had outlived all the doctors time frames. Lately he had really gone down and he died in his sleep. I know he is in a much better place and I am sure he and my mom are having long talks about all of us. My mom left this earth 21 years ago. I know God let her meet him and bring him home.
Hope ya'll have had a great weekend. It is pretty cold here, but nothing like other places in the country. I better go clean up the kitchen after supper. Everyone home now. Be healthy, happy, and safe. Hug the ones you love, and most of all---God bless ya'll!!!!!

5 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What beautiful smocking, adorable aprons, and cute towels. I am going to work on improving my sewing skills this year. Jackie

Kate said...

Sorry to hear your sad news.

sewkalico said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts on my blog. Sorry to hear about your uncle (And of course your Mom. I lost my Dad 23 years ago and you just never forget!)

Those dinosaurs are totally gorgeous!!

Patsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

You make some truly adorable stuff!
Carrie