Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Easter Bunnies


I did this insert several weeks ago, and I thought it turned out so cute. I love the colors and bunnies are one of my favorites. The smocking plate is by Cross-Eyed Cricket. It worked up really fast.
It has really been a bad week here. One of my fellow co-workers and dear friends lost her husband to ALS on Sunday afternoon. He left his wife and 2 children. The son is 18 and will graduate this year from high school and their daughter turned 16 on Saturday. It is so heart breaking, but the are wonderful Christians and have handled it good. He had talked to everyone and told them he did not want any life support at the end. He had made peace with God and was ready to go home. Please pray for this family. They are the Mitchells.
I have been working on my quilt squares and now have 8. I am going to post a pic this week. They are nothing to brag about. I did not have a pattern. I just started cutting and piecing together and ended up with a square. I went back and measured and made a template after I made 3, and I am just taking scraps from my aprons each time I finish one and making a square. There is no coordination in the colors of the squares, but I figured I would just call it my Apron Scrap Quilt. I am really having fun sewing them together and fun is what it's all about. I guess I had better be going. Take care, be healthy, be happy, hug those you love, and God bless ya'll!!!

8 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Patsy,
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I love your bunnies...too cute.
~Karen~

Julie in the Barn said...

Thanks for the visit and the the sweet comments. I couldn't reply by e-mail since you don't have it enabled. Your smocking is lovely. That's something I have never tried.

Louann said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by. Your bunnies are adorable. I'm sure you will definitely get addicted to quilting. If you need any help with anything just give a holla!

Days and colors said...

Thanks for your visit and your kind comment! Your work is beautiful, smocking is something rare around here so I never had the chance to see it in my hands...I love your aprons! Can't wait to see the scrap one!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love that you smock-my Mom was a smocking teacher for many years. I have all the little dresses she made my daughter years ago and the smocked Easter eggs she so beautifully made. She took this up later in her life and I never was able to learn this art from her. I did learn to sew from her though.

Sandy said...

Hi Patsy...Thanks so much for joining my PIF. I have not done this before and also am new to blogging. You do some fantastic smocking...that is one thing I have not attempted, but always wished I had. Maybe soon....you have "no reply" for your email, so thought I would just let you know via this post.

Sandy said...

Hi Patsy....I will need your address for the PIF you will get from me soon, or at least within the year, LOL. Thanks for signing up!

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- I'm LOVING all your smocking. I LOVE to smock -- just haven't had an excuse the last few years. Yours are all so cute! I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker.