Wednesday, January 7, 2009



Good Morning!! Hope ya'll are doing fine today. I just dropped little buddie off at school and thought I would get some blogging time in before I start cleaning this house. I hate to admit it, but I still have our Christmas tree up, but it will be down in a short while. I love the lights and it just kinda makes everyone stay cheery. I have a little pink one in my craft room that will stay up all year. My kids think I am nuts, but I don't care, maybe I am a little.

This apron I made for one of my friends for her birthday right before Thanksgiving. I love those "jumpin" colors. Just makes you smile. The pattern is called "Granny's Apron". It is fun and easy to make. I changed this one up a little and used ric rac instead of bias tape for the edging. I really just made a small hem and then embellished with the ric rac.

Just popped in for a short visit. I will be back later today or tomorrow because I am off the next few days. I am leaving Thursday afternoon for a class is Houston, TX for the hospital. I will be gone until Monday afternoon. Ya'll keep me in your prayers, because I do not fly well. As a matter of fact, I do not fly at all unless I cannot drive it for some reason. The hospital decided that due to gas prices it was cheaper for me to fly. You see this trip was supposed to have been back in the summer, and hurricane Ike hit Houston the day I was supposed to arrive, so my class was cancelled the day before I left. Then gas was high. I tried to get them to change this time, but they already had my tickets. I know God will take care of me, but added prayers never hurt anyone. Have a great, happy, healthy, safe day. God bless ya'll!!

2 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

So fun to come and visit you! I just got a sewing machine for Christmas and I am eager to try things like this cute apron. I love how yours turned out, and the colors are so pretty. :)
Carrie

Kate said...

Love the colours too!