Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!


I hope everyone had a great New Year. It was pretty quiet here. Most of my family was gone. The only ones home were me and Simon--this is my littlest one, he's 10. Carre-middle child, 21y/o- was bringing in the new year with friends in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, and Doss-oldest son, 23y/o was hunting. Jack (hubby) was in New Orleans working, and my daddy was also hunting. It was really kind of nice. We had a great time, went out to eat , came home and watched football. Unfortunately we fell asleep and missed the actual new year, but needless to say the girls called me at 2 am to wish me a happy new year and let me know they were in for the night. God bless youth!! I have decided on several new years resolutions. First is to be more creative and use my talent to it's fullest. I plan to have more homemade things this year than store bought. I plan to keep this blog and my others up on a weekly basis, if not more. I also plan to not put all my extra time into my job as I have in the past. You see I am an operating room nurse. I was the nurse manager for 3 years, and finally resigned to go back to patient care instead of paper work and trouble shooting. I am going to spend all that time I took call and stayed out there extra to help and use it at home with my family. At least that's the plan. We will see. They kinda like me to be out there!!!
The pics above are the items Simon and I made for his teacher for Christmas. These were the first towels I have done, but I will get better with practice. I love the color combinations. Her kitchen is blue and brown. I thought they turned out kinda cute. Well I guess that all for today, but I will be back soon. Also, Ole Miss is going to play in a couple of hours in the Cotton Boll and I need to get lunch for us before it comes on. Ya'll take care and I wish many blessings and joyous moments for you and your family in this new year. Oh, remember it is the year of the cupcake!!! This can only make us smile, because have you ever met a cupcake you did not like? God Bless Ya'll!!!

1 comment:

Katie R said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, and your nice comment. I love the towels they are really cute!