Saturday, January 3, 2009

Basket Smocked Day Gown




This is a 12 month white daygown I smocked in pastel colors of blue, yellow, pink, and green. The daygown is made by Sew Beautiful. I got this at a really good price, and it was easier for me to buy and smock instead of make and smock. It really turned out cute. Great Easter outfit.
All the family made it home safely yesterday. Last one got in about 4:30. Everybody tired and laying around today. I was going to take little buddie (Simon) hunting today, but it is 68 degrees outside and supposed to rain, so I decided not to go. Jack was going to take him if I didn't, but he's asleep on the couch!! Oh well, the weather is really not good for hunting today anyway.
I hope ya'll are having a great day. Be safe, happy, healthy. Hug the ones you love, and most of all God bless ya'll!!!


2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What gorgeous smocking!! You don't often see much smocking these days - my grandmother used to smock and made us some lovely outfits when we were kids. A warm welcome to blogging and best wishes for the New Year Patsy!!

Julie said...

This day gown that you made is so sweet. I've made made many smocked daygowns for my children, but now they are hanging in my closet waiting for grandchildren who I hope will come along eventually.

I know what you mean about buying ready-to-smock garments rather than having to construct the garment yourself after smocking. The fun part is the smocking.
Smocked Dresses