Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back Home Safely



Returned home on Monday without a hitch. I am not a good flyer, so I have to have a little help to get on that plane. I have always taken 2 shots of Crown Royal right before I go to the airport or either drink a beer. I know it is crazy, but it really cuts the edge. My partner on this trip did not believe me, so she was pretty surprised when I turned the bottle up at 4 am Friday!! The trip was very interesting. I learned a lot and met some really nice people from all over the country. I cannot remember names good, so I just called you by your state. A lot of times these things are rather boring, but I believe this is the best one I have ever attended. Since I have been home, I have tried to spend some time with my family when they are home, but when the house was quiet I completed 3 aprons for gifts, and a pair of lounging pants for my daughter. I bought a new coat while I was gone (I thought it was going to be warm, and it was 70 when we got there, but never got over 50 the rest of the trip) and I am making a crotched scarf to match it today. Simon had a basketball game at 1, so I am fixing to go work on the scarf and watch football.
The pics above are an insert I did called Crayon Critters. The plate is by Little Memories. Lots of primary colors. I may have some news soon. I am in the process of working on a new project with a new friend. She likes to sew and I like to smock, so I am making her some trial inserts and she is sewing them together. I will let you know if it works out. Should be a fun experience. I can sew, but do not have a lot of time, so her doing the finished outfit is just what I need. I did do something I have never done this week. While finishing the aprons, I took the scraps and made my first quilt block. I am planning on taking a class in the spring, but I did this one all by myself. Thought I would make my first quilt from my apron scraps. Big project. Long time in the making. I will post later after I get a couple of squares made.
I ran across these 2 blogs while hopping--could not sleep last night, so got on the computer-- http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ and
http://www.jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com/ Please pray for these families and there babies. Both babies are in critical condition. Neither mom has been able to hold their babies. I think we take for granted that all babies are held when they enter this world. I know I did until Landon and Logan were born. It was 4 days before she could touch her babies, and weeks before she could hold them. Ya'll be safe, happy, and healthy. Hug the ones you love. See ya later. God bless ya'll!!

No comments: